PSC- Elementary Science: Note of Chapter Two
In your first chapter, you know the mutual relation between animal kingdom and environment. In second chapter, you can know about various types of environmental pollution and their bad impacts on environment. This chapter is easy. Here, you get Short answered questions of text. Besides these, you get some questions and answers which are important. These answers will help you in MCQ and fill in the blanks. I totally rely on the text. So you will feel comfort.
Short answered questions of text
1. Write in brief the measures you can take to prevent noise pollution?
Ans: The measures that can be taken to prevent noise pollution are given below:
1. We should not play songs in loud volumes.
2. Don’t use horns unnecessarily in the streets.
3. Factories should not be built in the residential areas.
4. Don’t play mikes, horns near schools, colleges and universities.
5. We should not do such works which are responsible for creating noise pollution.
2. What are the impacts of water pollution on environment?
Ans: The impacts of water pollution on environment are given below:
1. By using polluted water people are exposed to water-borne disease such as cholera, dysentery, typhoid and diarrhea.
2. Aquatic animals are also affected.
3. Polluted water harms the productivity power of the fields.
4. Besides there lies the possibility of stomach and skin diseases.
3. Write down five ways of environmental conservation?
Ans: Five ways of environmental conservation are given below:
1. Cutting of trees and filling up of rivers and water bodies need to be stopped.
2. Unplanned housing, mills and factories cannot be built throughout.
3. Stop creating smoke which is responsible for increasing carbon dioxide.
4. Stop polluting ponds, dobas, khalas, beels and rivers.
5. Mass public awareness should be created to conserve environment.
4. Write two ways by which the awareness for stopping environmental pollution in your locality can be raised within your friends.
Ans: To raise awareness within my friends at first, i will arrange a seminar in where they can watch a documentary film based on environmental pollution and their negative impacts on environment.
2. I will discuss with them about the problems which are being created for pollution in my locality.
1. What is environmental pollution?
Ans: We use environment in various ways to survive in this world. As a result the environment got changed. When these changes become harmful for us we call them ‘environmental pollution’.
2. What is the main cause of environmental pollution? Or, how environment is getting polluted? Or, who are mainly responsible for environmental pollution?
Ans: There is problem in the environment due to the population increase. People are using various elements of environment to support the needs of the excess population. It creates various wastes, thus polluting the air, water and soil.
3. How air is polluted? Or, write some causes of air pollution?
Ans: Causes of air pollution are given below:
1. The air become polluted due to unplanned housing and industry establishment, vehicle emission, smoke from brick fields etc.
2. Air can also become polluted from unmanaged waste and sewage produced in highly populated area.
3. Air becomes polluted by smoke.
4. Which has impact on the human health? Or, Has air pollution impact on the human health?
Ans: Yes, air pollution has impact on the human health. Polluted air creates problems of respiration and different diseases in the body. A man may be attacked by fatal diseases such as allergy, cough, asthma, bronchitis, high blood pressure, headache, lung cancer etc. due to polluted air.
5. How water is polluted? Or, Write some causes of water pollution?
Ans: Causes of water pollution are given below:
1. To grow more food, chemical fertilizer is added to the soil.
2. Pesticides are used in the fields.
3. Open latrine is built upon ponds or waterbodies, which pollutes the water.
4. Industrial waste, household waste, etc. can pollute the water in many ways.
6. Write the causes of noise pollution?
Ans: Causes of noise pollution are given below:
1. Using loud speaker or mikes in different places.
2. Playing songs in loud volumes, using horns unnecessarily in the streets.
3. Selling something by playing songs in loud speaker.
7. Write the impacts of noise pollution.
Ans: 1. Sudden peak in sound, crowd, different noises can upset human mind and health.
2. These kinds of sounds can damage ear drum as well as harm health.
3. Studying children got disturbed.
4. Patients feel uncomfortable in the hospitals and at home.
8. Write the ways to conserve environment. / Write the necessary steps to prevent environmental pollution. / What should we do to prevent environmental pollution?
Ans: The ways to conserve environment are given below:
The necessary steps to prevent environmental pollution are given below:
We should do the following steps to prevent environmental pollution are given below:
1. Unplanned housing, mills and factories cannot be built throughout.
2. Population growth should be under control.
3. Proper ways of waste and sewage disposal should be established in every unhealthy slum.
4. We should prevent all types of pollution.
5. We should plant more trees.
6. Mass public awareness should be created to conserve environment.
9. Write the causes of environmental pollution?
Ans: The causes of air pollution are given below:
1. The human population is increasing.
2. The forests are cut down to accommodate this excess population.
3. As a result many plants and animals are being extinct.
4. Unhealthy slums are being established in the townships, where there is no proper ways of waste and sewage disposal.